SQL Server DBA
Our client is looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA to join their team! This is a great opportunity for anyone who enjoys a high energy and fast-paced working environment. As a DBA, the successful candidate will be responsible for administrating and monitoring enterprise class database technologies. Candidate should be proficient with SQL Server in a highly transactional environment and experience in AWS and PowerShell is highly desired. The DBA should possess strong technical, administration and potential leadership qualities to plan, design, develop, document, and implement strategies for the database administration of new and existing enterprise scale applications. These qualities should be used effectively to work with developers, architects, engineers, system administrators and analysts to resolve complex system issues as well as communicating the results to upper management. These communication skills should also be used to effectively manage the internal and external expectations from customers.
Location: Charlotte, NC (remote to start)
Contract: 6 months
W2 Pay Rate: $62 hourly ( flexible depending on experience)
NOTE: U.S. Citizens, GC, and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to Consider OPT or H1B Visa Candidates for this position.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Support performance tuning and verify availability and integrity of system backups
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Must be available for remote call-out support and to perform remote system maintenance when needed after normal business hours
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Perform database administration maintenance activities while maintaining high database system availability and reliability for business applications
- Implement approved database configuration changes
- Perform data restoration and recover activities as needed
- Assist with addressing database vulnerability issues
- Assist with database account management, access and security
- Expertise in administration of SQL Server versions 2012 and above in a replication and Always On Availability environment
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in PowerShell
- Expertise in tuning highly transactional OLTP as well as large Data warehouse implementations
- Experience in using performance monitoring tools built in SQL Server as well as tools like Zabbix, Foglight, Dynatrace, Splunk etc., to analyze and isolate issues, and work with Development teams to resolve them
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with the Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with administration of Postgres
- Excellent oral and written communications and customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or a similar field
- 5+ years of DBA experience
Category Code: JN008