Payroll Accountant Summary
A CRG client in the High Point, Archdale, NC area is looking for a Payroll Accountant to join their team. Our client is a leading manufacture in a competitive industry. They are continually fostering growth and learning. Payroll accountant performs all activities necessary to process payroll and maintain the payroll system for salary exempt/non-exempt, hourly, union hourly, and drivers, timely submission and payment of payroll taxes including analysis of payroll data to support general ledger activities. This position provides customer service for Payroll Shared Services.
Payroll Accountant Compensation
Payroll Accountant Responsibilities
- Support the month-end process ensuring all financial deadlines are met. Prepare and post journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and adhere to internal controls within various systems for multiple entities.
- Provide analysis on various balance sheet and expense accounts
- Processes multi-cycle/multi-state payroll, ensuring 100% accuracy and timeliness, including garnishments, benefits, other special payments (bonus, sales quarterly incentive bonuses, annual incentive bonuses, awards, etc.) and taxes consistent with federal, state, wage and hour laws and union contracts.
- Calculates and records all voluntary and involuntary payroll deductions, including but not limited to federal and multi-state tax withholding, child support and garnishments, union dues, other employee contributions, union health insurance, union pension and related benefits.
- Support the department by supplying information for audit request both internally and external.
- Processes Union contractual pay commitments by partnering with Union representatives to ensure all obligations are executed accurately and timely including answers for union audit request.
- Supply the efficiency reports to IT with timely and accurate reports.
- Coordinates cross-functionally with other departments such as Human Resources (HR), Field Finance, Operations, and Tax to ensure 100% accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing and to communicate/be informed of payroll changes for effective processing.
- Provides quality customer service and communicates actively with finance, operations, HR, legal, external parties and others to ensure accuracy and appropriate pay practices; resolves employee inquiries/concerns timely and effectively.
- Assists in identification of ways to develop and implement best practices to improve existing processes and optimize the payroll system and its reporting capabilities.
- Assists with preparation of annual W-2s provided to employees.
- Maintains payroll related information in the payroll system, including but not limited to:
- Ensure all payroll changes are accurate and changes are in accordance with established internal control guidelines.
- Monitoring pay data and requirements from a wide variety of sources (e.g., time and attendance systems, timesheets, driver payroll, union agreements, etc.)
- Monitoring vacation and sick balances of employees
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year college or university
- 2+ years of Accounting experience required
- Experience in a Shared Service Center is a plus
- Solid ERP skills
- Strong work ethic
Category Code: JN001