The Senior Accountant will sit onsite in Uptown Charlotte and have visibility and interaction with senior management, as well as have the opportunity for career advancement! They will play a very important role in ensuring the integrity of accounting data by recording, verifying, and consolidating transactions for a commercial finance business.
Location: Uptown Charlotte
Job Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Record and reconcile inter-company transactions intra-month and at month-end
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations.
- Create monthly balance sheet lead schedule
- Responsible for monthly allocation entries
- Reconcile loan and lease portfolios
- Reconcile numerous cash accounts weekly and monthly.
- Research and resolve account discrepancies
- Support loan processing by acting as back-up
- Assist with multiple lender audits and annual audits as needed
- Assist with ah-hoc projects, reporting, and financial analysis
- Prepare Quarterly Roll-forwards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in GL Accounting required
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills required
- Audit experience preferred from public accounting
- Corporate Financial Services Industry experience preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, Team Player and a Critical Thinker
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast- paced environment.
Category Code: JN001, JN005