In this role, you will support a large enterprise client on various wireless projects. This position sits 100% remote within the United States.
Wireless Engineer Compensation
Wireless Engineer Location
Wireless Engineer Responsibilities:
- Support existing 802.11 infrastructure including Cisco and Aruba lightweight access points. Install, configure, and support Cisco (1131, 1142, 2602, 2702, 3702) wireless access points
- Install, configure, and support Cisco (2500, 5500, 7500, 8600 series) wireless LAN Controllers.
- Install, configure, and support Aruba (AP325, AP325-IAP, AP345) wireless access points
- Install, configure, and support Aruba (7205, 7210, 7240 series) wireless LAN Controllers.
- Engineer solutions to integrate wireless LAN coverage into new facilities.
- Engineer solutions to update wireless LAN coverage into existing facilities.
- Experience with Cisco NCS and Cisco Prime Infrastructure Monitoring Platforms.
- Experience with Aruba Airwave Monitoring/Management Platforms.
- Work with outside vendors and internal organizations to have wireless surveys performed and required equipment installed.
- Resolve client connectivity, interference, authentication, and coverage issues.
- Troubleshoot switching issues such as VLANs, VTP, and spanning tree issues.
- Implement changes according to project governance. Participate on a number of projects/programs, occasionally a role in the guiding of the project team.
- Coach team members of lesser experienced wireless or network engineers in customer Projects to ensure that they are delivered according to expectations and plans and standards.
Perform and coach others to continuously document knowledge to enable an effective knowledge sharing process and organizational development.
Wireless Engineer Qualifications:
- 5 years in the area of Wireless Installation, Configuration, Support and Consulting.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written, spoken and presentation) and ability to work with clients/customers. Good understanding of wireless networks and services.
- Pro-active, with good communication skills (written, spoken and presentation), creativity, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Capable of working both independently and within teams and be comfortable working in structured and unstructured situations and solving non-standard problems.
- Evaluate site network infrastructure, and operations; assess customer current and future plans to optimize their wireless architecture, and capabilities.
Category Code: JN008