Senior Database Administrator
Are you a SQL cluster guru? Do you enjoy the challenge of root cause investigations? Our client in the Charlotte area is looking for someone who holds those abilities. This is an exciting opportunity with a company that has been around for over 50 years and continues to grow.
Senior Database Administrator Compensation
Senior Database Administrator Responsibilities
- You will optimize production system and identify bottlenecks
- You will collaborate with Developers and Engineers and provide SQL Server database expertise as needed.
- You will monitor business critical production SQL Server clusters during peak hours and respond to incidents to ensure high levels of availability
- You will perform SQL Server (versions 2008-2019) cluster and standalone installation and configuration in accordance with documented standards
- You will collect detailed SQL Servers performance metrics and makes tuning recommendations
- You will investigate root cause for database related application errors (Blocking, SQL timeouts, deadlocks, unexpected data condition etc.) in real time, provides document explaining root cause and recommends fixes (including recommending changes to application stored procedures) to avoid future recurrences
- You will coordinate the database portion of the disaster recovery plan and participates in the planning, testing and implementation of recovery procedures
- You will manage SSRS data warehouse and provides guidance and assistance to reports developers working to meet business reporting requirements
Senior Database Administrator Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology, Information Systems, Data Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise SQL Server database applications with focus on Database Administration • Experience with cloud services (Microsoft Azure) a plus
- Experience conducting database administration, implementing and maintaining database security, production and non-production databases, optimizing database access
- Deep knowledge of backup and disaster recovery
- Detailed knowledge of relational database management systems (RDBMS), object-oriented database management systems (OODBMS), and XML database management systems
- Demonstrated experience in performance optimization Associated topics: data analyst, data center, data integration, data management, data quality, data scientist, data warehouse, data warehousing, database, etc.
Category Code: JN008