This position is responsible to provide hardware and software application support to end-users as first point of contact on-site or via telephone.
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully assist end users with technical questions or problems
- Document support requests in call tracking software with thorough details of problem and steps taken to resolve
- Identify issues which must be resolved by the Network or Development Team and refer issues accordingly, providing detailed description of problem
- Refer tickets not resolved with basic troubleshooting to Tier II Support Techs, Help Desk Director or Network Team, providing detailed description of problem and troubleshooting steps already taken
- Prepare new PCs with base image, installing and configuring any specialty software required, and setting up or shipping as needed
- Prepare PCs for return to lessor loading base image and packaging for shipment
- Research solutions to recurring software problems and make appropriate changes; document findings in call tracking software
- Perform hardware and/or software maintenance as needed • Install new hardware and software as needed
- Participate in Help Desk meetings to discuss open issues and keep team informed of ongoing work •
- Prepare checklists and processes for Help Desk and keep updated as changes to system occur
- Request quotes for IT related purchases
- Require a minimum two-year technical degree at an accredited technical school/college
- Prefer 2+ years of on the job relative experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff in person and via telephone
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of Local Area Networking and Active Directory
- Familiarity with MacOS a plus, iOS and Android devices
- Proficiency in the following programs: Microsoft, Office 365, Kace, Adaxes, Bomgar, etc.
- Ability to work four 10-hour schedules including 3 weekdays from 10a– 9p and every other weekend from 9a– 8p.
- Must work holidays. Occasionally hours would change to 8a– 7p.
Category Code: JN008