Property Accountant Summary
Our client has been around for 70 years in the triad working to improve the area. They are looking for a Property Accountant with a few years of experience. In this role you will be responsible for the financial record keeping and preparing financial records and various reports for real estate transactions.
Property Accountant Compensation
- $21-$22 an hour
- Convert at $49,000
Property Accountant Responsibilities
- Prepare data entry documents for input into Banner for receipts, disbursements, journal entries and additions/modifications to the chart of accounts.
- Review accounts and resolve any discrepancies via research in fiscal records and by correcting appropriate financial transactions.
- Manage Event Center Accounts Receivable by preparing journal entries for posting and manage payments.
- Review monthly reconciled financial reports from property management companies.
- Assist Director of Financial Reporting with preparing schedules and financial reports for property acquisitions.
- Reconcile tenants’ accounts managed by third party property management companies.
- Manage tenants’ security deposit refunds managed by third party property management companies.
- Reconcile and balance the general ledger accounts for properties.
- Assist Director of Financial Reporting with annual audit and tax filing.
Property Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework; or associate degree in Accounting; or Associate’s degree in Business or related discipline with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 3 years of experience in property accounting
Category Code: JN001, JN057