Summary: This position will sit in our Charlotte, NC office. Key responsibilities include providing first level support for Windows 10 computers, applications, and peripheral devices; configuring, distributing and troubleshooting mobile phones; troubleshooting network connectivity issues and providing clear/concise communications associated with assigned responsibilities. The successful candidate will be a member of the IT department and will report to the Network Manager in Charlotte. Knowledge of Windows software, variety of hardware knowledge and good communication skills are necessary. The IT Help Desk Tier 1 will also be expected to assist with several open projects including mobile phone management and PC upgrades.
Contract to Hire
Location: Uptown / Must sit onsite
- Create, assign, resolve and close IT Help Desk tickets
- Provide end-user desktop support via remote support tools
- Configure and deploy Windows 10 computer systems
- Configure and deploy smartphones and tablets
- Travel to sites as needed to deliver equipment such as computers, printers, tablets, phones, etc.
- Assist with system administration tasks, including workstation upgrades, updates, patches, deployments, architecture review / design and general best practices
- Document/update processes and procedures
- Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email and in person
- Assist the user through the problem-solving process
Follow-up and update uses with status on outstanding issues
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by users to the appropriate internal team
- Proven experience as a IT Application Analyst, Helpdesk or Desktop Technician
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products (Office 365, Windows 10) and other common web applications.
- Good understanding to support Mobile devices (iPhone, iPad), printers, peripherals
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Excellent communication skills
- User-oriented and positive can do attitude
- Associates or Bachelors in IT, Computer Science or relevant field or Certifications and or relevant experience
- Comfortable with a main ticketing system (Remedy, ServiceNow, Zendesk, etc)
Category Code: JN008, JN022