Head of IT Quality
Duration: Direct Hire
This position is responsible for the organization’s Quality Assurance, Customer Service, and Performance Engineering functions. This person will manage a function responsible for providing support including the customer Help Desk and collaborates with other tier 2 and tier 3 IT internal and vendor teams to ensure system uptime and high levels of customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for assisting in the development of effective quality assurance and software testing processes and procedures to ensure applications deploy with minimal defects, reach production in a timely manner and perform to end-user expectations. This position also oversees all system performance engineering, load testing, monitoring, and alerting functions. This position will interface with project teams, including Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Vendors, Architects and Subject Matter Experts. This position will be expected to gain alignment across teams and be actively engaged in projects to ensure timelines are met.
- Experience leading a software Quality Assurance function including knowledge of test engineering and related tools and processes
- Good experience leading efforts to enable Test Automation for both custom and SaaS based applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with IT operations management using ITIL frameworks and standards including the use of tools such as JIRA, Confluence, SonarCloud, ServiceNow etc.
- Proven track record leading IT Customer Service function.
- Experience running an IT Change Management function or related compliance functions such as SOX, PCI, GDPR.
- Knowledge of performance engineering tools and mechanisms including crafting load and scalability tests
- Experience working with structured software engineering methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and RUP
- Significant experience with outsourced vendor management functions
- Experience with project management
- Experience with process design and documentation using visual modelling tools
- Knowledge of DevOps processes
- Experience working with cloud-based applications in AWS an environment
Category Code: JN008
- Lead and manage the Software Quality Assurance function for the organization ensuring high quality of QA engineering and testing capabilities are deployed for all critical applications across the enterprise.
- Maximize the use of Test Automation to enable rapid and thorough QA testing cycles. Support CI/CD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery) capabilities for all relevant applications.
- Lead Performance Engineering function to provide a framework to enable all significant applications to be load tested for performance and scalability under varying usage patterns. Leverage tools and processes to ensure continuing monitoring of application uptime and performance in production environments with appropriate automated alerting mechanisms.
- Lead all Change Control functions for company, including bringing together IT, product owners and business owners for on-going daily review of change requests including change control calls across all functional areas for the business.
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly Statistical Reporting on IT Operations and present periodic trend analysis reports to CIO.
- Lead the IT Customer Service (Help Desk) support function bringing together a seamless IT support function.
- Leverage ITIL based standards approach to design processes and standard operating procedures for the department.
- Support the implementation and continuing use of software engineering best practices and standardized frameworks for project activities.