Project Accountant | Land Development
Our rapidly growing full-service Real Estate client in South Charlotte, specializing in Real Estate Investments, Land Development, Property Construction, and Property Management, is looking for a Land Development Accountant to join their organization and perform all accounting functions for portfolios of active Land Development projects. This role is open purely due to growth – there has been no turnover at all for these teams! This is an exciting time to join this financial stable organization, as it offers potential for upward mobility, visibility to executive management, ability to work in a positive and collaborative family-feel environment, opportunity to suggest and implement process improvements, and overall, make a huge impact on the company and grow along with it! **We are also offering a $300 referral bonuses per referral (friends or coworkers) that we hire!**
Opportunity: Direct Hire!
Location: Charlotte, NC (South Park) - 100% onsite
Compensation: $70,000 - $80,000+ 10% bonus! = Potential to make up to $88,000 all in!
Hours: 8am-5pm M-F (flexible)
Why Role is Open: Due to growth!
Culture: Close, tight knit collaborative team with NO turnover!
- Perform all accounting functions for a portfolio of real estate development projects.
- Maintain development budget and commitments in Yardi Job Cost for all aspects of the project life cycle.
- Assist development project managers to effectively manage project budgets. Follow-up with project management team to answer accounting-related requests.
- Perform accounts payable process for assigned projects to ensure expenses are paid timely and recorded accurately.
- Prepare funding requests and submit to equity partner and/or lender in required draw form, and act as primary accounting point of contact to communicate with equity partners and lenders as needed to complete the funding process.
- Perform month-end closing process including bank reconciliations, supporting all balance sheet accounts, and recording accruals and adjusting journal entries. Research account activity as needed.
- Provide supporting documentation for tax return preparation and financial statement audits.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc internal and external reporting as needed.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives that support the growth strategy, strong system of internal controls and operational excellence.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting
- 3-5 years of overall accounting experience, with recent land development accounting experience
- Must have strong Excel skills
- Yardi software experience preferred
Category Code: JN001, JN057